Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Where I started Drawing

Hey, so this post I want to talk about why I like drawing comics, manga, whatever. I have always like drawing growing up, I always liked drawing them even if I wasn't any good, I enjoyed making stories in stick figures. They didn't make sense, but I like doing it.

I never liked reading, my sisters did and for some reason, I never got into it, not until I read a manga, my first book was Fruit Basket, and the reason I loved it it was because it wasn't just worded, nor kid pictures or comic superhero pictures, it was pictured! Pictures that looked so easy to draw, just the way they did their noses looked so easy. I was so into it. I got really into it. I started watching anime like all the time and started drawing it, I was terrible at first but I did improve.

I did have a group of friends who also liked anime like crazy, I have learned a lot from them, but what I didn't like about them is that one of them would always tell me how bad I was at drawing anime. It made me so upset each time, cause, in reality, she wasn't that good at it either but I didn't tell her that. So I constantly had a notebook or a sketchbook in my hand and constantly be drawing. Classroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, movie theater, church, on a bus, and anywhere outside. Wherever I went the sketchbook and number two pencil was with me. My Sketchbook was practically my folder for school, I would put all of my assignments and homework in it, I rather draw than do family activities which drove my parents crazy about that, also some teachers I had they always made me put it away but I just rather draw than do stuff or learn history. It's something I love doing, I had to limit myself eventually cause family is important, and especially now cause I have a loving husband and a toddler and another one on the way.

There was a downhill for me, when I went to my mission for my church I was gone for 18 months in Kansas (I'm from Utah) and we weren't really allowed to do the stuff we use to, but as stressful it was I still had my drawing skills to help me. Each time I wrote a letter home to my family (For we weren't allowed to talk to our families as we were gone on our missions) I would draw funny comics about my mission instead of writing it. But what was downhill for me is when I came back home from my mission, I try to draw again and for some reason, I didn't have that burning passion for it like I use too. I don't know why but I had a break from drawing. I found a man, got married, and I had a lot of time to myself being alone in an apartment with my husband, but I couldn't bring myself to draw. I had to find a job and work making money. I felt lost, I wasn't sure why I like drawing so much and why I wanted to draw in the first place. I wanted to publish my work but didn't know how I felt it wasn't going to happen so I gave up.

Well, not too worry I got my burning passion again when my best friend (we will call her Beth) got to publish her story. I was the one that introduces her into anime and manga and drawing them, she was hooked with me and we would talk about our stories together and shared them together and such, well she worked hard and was able to find a publisher that was willing to work with her. She helps me get back to drawing my stories, I want to share them, they are fun and clean to read.

So I am still far away from finishing my first volume of Sweet and Sour, but I hope this blog will help me push through it and get it done.

I just did a comic of The Intriguing Life of Nonny Whitney and Tutu on facebook, you can find it on my facebook page called K Productions, but I will post it here as well something to laugh about. The comic is something that happens to me just recently, the comic isn't necessarily true but it's base by a true story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle is Real

Hello people of the world, Krissy here with another blog post.  Depression is a real and serious issue that affects many people. It can be d...