Wednesday, September 11, 2019

My Time At Fan-X Comic Con 2019

Life can be so hard, and I know for I am still alive, but you have to find the moments where you feel like life can be great. For me is taking my kids to the park, when I get the time to do that I feel great, especially if it's like a different park, not just the same park next to my house that we go all the time, I love watching my kids play and get the chance to be outside and exercise. I also love it if my hubby comes with us when he gets the chance I enjoy that very much. 

I just did fan-x last week, got to meet amazing people and got to sell some of my artwork, this is was we sold, mainly posters and my friend book. The first three posters are what I did all myself but then the rest is what my friend drew and I colored, and I feel like I should get more credit, even though my friend was representing her book she didn't bring business cards I did, my mother in law was so nice enough to do it and I manage to give all of it away. But they were more interested in my friend's stuff and not me so I have written her facebook account on my business cards a few times but makes me mad, I hope I get the chance to finish my book and be able to sell it. Or I don't know, I just felt like when we explain who did what then they were like "oh good job", I don't know why I just feel like it was strange and they had to intention to follow me, mainly her and that's ok her book is good I hope to get mine out there soon. 

We had competition, right across from us was a dude selling amazing fan art of all kinds, and even throughout the building, there was a lot of people selling stuff like us but more popular and such.

I have sold one picture of Five Stars Princesses.

I have not sold any of Moon Princess.

I have sold two of this amazing photo that I still don't have a name for it yet. 

We have managed to sell a few of Princess Mononoke, it wasn't our best seller.

We have sold about five of this poster of Sailor Moon, people liked the other one better below with her boyfriend. 

I want to say this comes in fourth place for it was sold quite a bit. 

We have sold like three copies of this Yu-gi-oh, people would point at it and love it but not enough to buy it.

Same with this one, only like three people bought a poster of Howl and Sophie, they would also point get all excited but then get on their way.

This I want to say is the fifth favorite, it was sold a lot but not as much as the sailor moon and the mask.

Poor Miku, no one really cared for this poster.

This is in third place, people mainly children loved this poster of Bell. Which makes me happy cause I do love the coloring I did on it, but I have to say my friend who drew it did her eyes way weird and I kinda wish I fixed it cause it looks too far apart.

This comes in second place of selling the most, I never got into Inuyasha just because I couldn't stand the nudity, I love the jokes in the show but I feel the nude was too much for so I couldn't watch it, but I do remember Inyuasha's brother and he was cool.

I did not like coloring this picture, I have nothing against Captain America just I really had a hard time doing this one, and I don't even like the background, I find it too girly or something I should have done something better for his background, but I guess in the end I was just done doing him. But got some sold so that's good at least.

We sold all but one, this was top seller everyone loved this one, it has to be in the first place of selling the most.

Only one copied sold, I have never heard of this anime so...I didn't think it would go somewhere.

A lot of people liked this one too, but I'm sad how it got printed cause in poster form you can hardly see the sign Wicked on it so it made it too dark to see, I don't know why it didn't turn out the way I want it to be but it didn't but still got lots of likes from people and sold a few.

I adore this one, I love how I did the coloring, but only sold like two of it which is too bad for I thought this was more creative and funny and fits the characters great.


I was dressed up as Zelda with links sword and shield, the Zelda outfit was a kimono, so it was awesome but my friend outfit was Jack Skeleton and everyone liked hers better than mine for her mask is a cool mask where it can open it's mouth when she talks. I did feel a little left out but it's ok I was happy to be there all three days. 

The last day I was done, time went by so slow and receive some bad news that my car got broken in and they stoled my baby car seat back at home and how my three years old got into the food coloring and dumbed it all over my one-year-old. So that sucked, but I manage to be happy or keep a smile up.

One customer wanted the awesome picture with all the colors and such but wanted the person that's supposed to be Jesus to be a Unicorn, so I did that when I got home and I really like it.

At the end of this whole event, I was done, glad to be home with my kids and such. If I ever got to do this again right now I feel like heck no but who knows I might. I enjoy being home with my kiddos and doing my book and such I'm just so slow at it. I tired the goal to do it one page a day but I couldn't keep that goal very long, I don't know what it is but it's taking me over a year to get to page 160 pages and I still want to make it to 200. 

I could stop but I want to end it at a specific point of the book to make it a total cliff hanger. My friend has done four books so far and it has only taken her four to six months to do each book, how does she do it? Yeah, I have kids but I feel like that's not an excuse for she has a day job and never sleeps. Her book is found on Amazon called The Lost Space Warrior, it's a manga I have mentioned it a few times in my past post, it is clean no swearing no gore no nude and such, but still, there is fighting, and science space stuff, it's pretty good I give it four stars out of five for there's one thing that does bug me is that the main character dude that was in war got lost to earth and found a young lady that is still in high school, he ends up going to her school and I can't figure out why...? He just ends up in a new place and a new girl badly injured so why is he going to school and why is he going to a high school when he is twenty years old??? A teacher announces him in a classroom and says how he is twenty years old so be nice to him??? What???

That's the only criticism I got for it besides that it's good, lots of character you get to meet that are cool and funny, one particularly that's an alien that only the girl can see, he is my favorite. I would suggest to my friend book to anyone even children since it's so clean.

The Lost Space Warrior
Not sure why this is a crappy cover, it shouldn't be like that when you buy it, I'm talking about the wording it should be not like that.


The Lost Space Warrior (Volume 2) by [Swearingen, Sara]
I actually did the coloring on this cover along when book three and book four, so if you do decide to buy these books I get a little dough out of it haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle is Real

Hello people of the world, Krissy here with another blog post.  Depression is a real and serious issue that affects many people. It can be d...