Thursday, September 26, 2019

Sketchbooks VS Tablet Laptop (Time differences is so different)

When and will I finish my book? I have no idea, I don't have a due date, it's taken me more than a year to finish it. When I was drawing my books on sketchbooks, there was only like a good 70 pages or more on sketchbooks, so I would just go until the sketchbook is out of pages and claim it's done. Well, I want at least 200 pages in my book and it's more than what a sketchbook provides so it's taking me forever.

I'm on page 166 so that's really good but man I can't seem to go any faster. When I was drawing on my sketchbooks it would take me like maybe 4 months or possibly 6 months to finish. But with this new technology, I can't seem to do it that fast.

My friend who has published her books got her books out that fast and she is also doing it on her tablet. She works a job during the day and works on her books at night. I take care of my kids during the day, work on my art during their naps and bedtime. Sometimes I have to do other things like taking a nap for myself for I can't seem to sleep at night. Not because of the kids, it's me. I have a stupid hip that flares at night and won't let me sleep. I have tried everything, drinking milk to get plenty of calcium, stretching, exercising, and taking P.M. pills and nothing helps. Well, the only thing that does is heavy pain killers but pain killers sometimes keep me up too so I am not getting enough sleep at night.

I can only do so much too with drawing on my tablet. I can't do no more than one page at a time a day, for after I do one page I feel complete and my eyes and a head start to hurt so I am done. I'm sure if I do like ten a day I would be finished by now, but I don't.

And it's not just Sweet and Sour I'm doing, I am also doing my friend story, started on another story called Moon Princess, and I potentially want to start on Flower in the Dust and Gaining Altitude. Gaining Altitude is a big series, I'm on book eleven of sketchbooks of it and the story still continues. But if I still want to keep doing the 200 pages a book it might be shorter but I don't know I might not for that series.

Flower in the Dust was the first book I ever finished, a total of sketchbooks it has 14 books. But it might be shorter than 14 if I start over on it. I have started re-writing it for it needs a better beginning and I love it!! It gets me excited to do it but I want to focus on Sweet and Sour too for Sweet and Sour is a good story and it's only going to be two-book series (I'm pretty sure it's only going to be two books...unless I make it all in one book it will be way more than 200 pages.) I only started to do this book was because I didn't know how to draw comics on a tablet, so it's a practice book.  But after doing it over a year I am ready to do my other stories. Would two books be bad? I could make it into three and say I have finished this story already.

Prologue 

Chapter one

chapter two

Chapter three

Chapter four

It will only have four chapters if I did decide to do three books. For when I sketch it out in a sketchbook this is where it ended. The thing is the way I want it to end has a way better cliff hanger ending for book one so I might keep going till the end of chapter five. Yes, I am on the last chapter but his chapter is a lot longer than any of these chapters. I didn't realize I am dealing with the last chapter before it can finally end oh man this is killing me. 

I am also worried about if this book is any good for anyone to read? This story has good characters, it has drama, action, angels...um it is complicated for the way their heaven works is a lot different than what my religious beliefe is. I made it so different so the story can work together but it is a headache and I don't know if I explained it well enough at the beginning of the story.

I also need an editor. My grammar is horrible, I don't know if you can tell from reading my post but English is not my strong suit. I would usually have my sisters read the books and they would correct me, it was easy on a sketchbook but on a tablet? How do I fix it? Well, I know how but for others how do they fix it? I need another pair of eyes to read and fix my book, editing is hard and is something that needs to be done so any advice for that? 

Being a stay home mom is hard to take care of kids but I always feel like I have time, I have time to relax, and drawing really helps that. People always tell me "focus on your kids, not your book" and I'm like, "of course I do! they are number one thing I do, but I am also trapped inside a house with a lot of time on my hands and instead of watching TV I think drawing is a good way to go." When I was working part-time it was harder to draw for I get way too tired to draw, but sadly I might have to find a job again. I don't want too for I am afraid to pass out but I got no choice, our money is bleeding and we need to stop that bleeding so I on a job search again. I could try to go back to the job I had that's a possibility. 

I started this story with a notebook, not even a sketchbook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle is Real

Hello people of the world, Krissy here with another blog post.  Depression is a real and serious issue that affects many people. It can be d...